+ intro and discussion
The perfect film for the run up to London Games Week, this affectionate documentary offers a sublime portrait of a group of outsiders who support Kim Cannon Arm, a man of very few words, in his attempt to break the world record score of the 1980s arcade game Gyruss. It’s a generous and nuanced insight into the power of true friendship.
The post screening discussion will be hosted by Benjamin Brown.
Screening in partnership with Citizen Autistic
The London Autism Film Club
CANNON ARM AND THE ARCADE QUEST
(KIM KANONARM OG REJSEN MOD VERDENSREKORDEN)
Director: Mads Hedegaard
Production Company: Good Company Pictures
Producer: Katrine A. Sahlstrøm
Cinematographers: David Bauer, Mads Hedegaard
Editor: Mark Bukdahl
Kim Cannon Arm
We welcome your feedback on this screening. Relaxedscreeningsfeedback@bfi.org.uk
BFI Southbank has been awarded the National Autistic Society’s Autism Friendly Award.
The next relaxed screenings is:
DEEP END + intro and discussion
Monday 24 April 2023 18:00 NFT3
Find out more at www.whatson.bfi.org.uk and bfi.org.uk/relaxed
Relaxed screenings are presented each month for
those in the neurodiverse community, their assistants and carers.
• Customers can select their seats when they arrive in the auditorium. You may sit with your family/friendship group or there are some single seats if you prefer.
• Please leave space between yourself and other groups and retain your selected seats for the duration of the performance if possible.
• We support your decision to wear a face covering if you prefer.
• You are welcome to take refreshments into the auditorium but no hot food please.
• Doors will open 30 minutes before the screening.
• No trailers will be shown.
• The programme will be introduced.
• Our house lights will remain on a low level throughout the screening, and the volume will be turned slightly down.
• You will be able to leave the auditorium and return during the screening.
• There will be a quiet space to use if you need to leave the auditorium.
• We understand you may make some noise.
• Please ask us if you need help.
Programme notes and credits compiled by Sight and Sound and the BFI Documentation Unit
Notes may be edited or abridged
Questions/comments? Contact the Programme Notes team by email